Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What happened to having respect for the dead?

About a month ago, I went to the funeral of my 82 year old uncle. Much to my surprise, I found that during the funeral percession (spelt wrong) from PEARL to the cemetary in RICHLAND, I could count on one hand (YES, I said ONE hand) how many people actually stopped and waited while we passed. It saddens me to know that we, as Americans don't have respect for the dead anymore. I always stop and wait, no matter how long, until the last car passes, when I see a Funeral coming. To me, it's just respectful, not only to the dead person but also to the family that is mourning a great loss.

So, thanks to the ones that still show their respect and shame on the ones that don't.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO HAVING AND SHOWING YOUR RESPECT FOR THE DEAD??????

No comments: